Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Festival Wear: Flops and Florals


As a tribute to my recent epic weekend to Coachella, I have decided that my next few looks will be the festival looks that I donned while I was there. I meant to post them before festival season really kicked off, but I was too busy figuring them out last minute! Anyhow, this one is probably my favorite. It's so feminine and fun. Floppy hats have been hogged by the Kentucky Derby crowd for too long--why not wear them while dancing in the desert? I saw an abundance of ladies pulling off similar looks while there, and I must say, I think this look is here to stay for a while. What I love about my felt hat is the little chain detail. I didn't see anyone with the same one (phew)! It adds a little sass, a little class. The romper, while still black, has nice pops of colors in the flowers. I decided to pair it with black combat boots and add a little textural interest by add the braided black belt. I added a simple gold bracelet to tie in the gold accents on the hat, and voila: a chic black look that's still fun to romp around in.










Petals:

Target felt hat (similar found at Tilly's)
Forever 21 romper
Black braided belt (similar found at Forever 21)


Concrete:

Love Culture boots (similar found at Lola Shoetique)
Tobi bracelet 









No comments:

Post a Comment