Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sleek and Pink

The real focal point of this outfit is this fabulous pair of shoes I found while perusing one of my favorite shoe sites. Enter flashback. Growing up, my most beloved color was pink. When picking out clothes as a kid, I'd ask my mom for pink when my sister asked for purple. I had pink toys, blankets, school supplies, and my favorite power ranger was Kimberly--the pink one, of course. As I got older, I was all pinked out. I actually sort of hated it for a good number of years. Maybe it was teenage angst, but I digress.

 These shoes brought back those warm fuzzy feelings that I had for this girly hue. They unlocked some long-repressed love. They were like a piece of decadent bubble gum--a sexy, bad mama jamma piece of bubble gum... with chains. In addition to the color, I also love the pointy toe and the unique strap detail. So that the world can witness the splendor that is these shoes, I kept the rest of the outfit simple--a sheer white blouse, and a black mid-length skirt. The skirt has a cute little leather waistband and, on the back zipper, there is a cute little pop of color to complement the shoes. I also added a vintage chain necklace for a little classiness, as well as my go-to gold watch.










Petals:

Forever 21 Blouse (similar blouse found here), Vintage Necklace

Concrete:

Forever 21 skirt (similar skirt found here), Lola Shoetique shoes, Michael Kors watch

No comments:

Post a Comment