Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Packs a Scallop!


Hopefully, you read my title and got my joke. Wallop...scallop. Never mind. Anyway, I love scalloped shorts because they offer variety to a closet full of denim cutoffs, even though I love those, too. But back to these shorts. Not only do they have the scalloped cut that I absolutely adore, but they're ombre! Can you say double threat? As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to buy them. I decided to pair them with a top that was something other than beige because I wanted to play with the great colors they had, so I went with this blush color. The blouse has a nice sheen to it that creates contrast in texture, and the color isn't so bright that it overshadows the shorts (whom are really the stars of this outfit). I also think it's okay to be matchy-matchy once in a while, so I paired it with a mixed-media necklace that also had a couple shades of blue in it. I paired it with simple, classy neutral pumps. This outfit is already subtly sexy--no need to overdo it. And finally, a nice brass-, er, metal-knuckled clutch adorned with skulls and all, just to keep things from being too girly. This outfit is great for a summer night.







Petals: 

H&M blouse, Forever 21 shorts, Forever 21 necklace, Urban Outfitters heels

Concrete:

Love Culture clutch, Michael Kors watch


No comments:

Post a Comment