Monday, August 26, 2013

A Little Introduction of Myself

Hi there! My name is Melissa Garcia and I am super excited to introduce you to my brand new baby blog. I decided to start a fashion blog when I noticed that the vast majority of my free time was devoted to checking the new arrivals on my favorite clothing websites, looking at fashion blogs, and shopping. When booking a vacation, the first thing to come to mind isn't usually, "Where will I go?" but "What will I wear?"  Looking for just the right top to pair with a skirt, the perfect necklace for a dress, the perfect shoes--well, just because--for me, is not an annoying or laborious task, but a mission that I must see through to the end. When I see an outfit of mine come together to my satisfaction, it brings me the type of happiness that I imagine a proud mother receives after watching her baby take his first steps. Maybe I'm exaggerating... or offending mothers everywhere, but my point is that fashion is a huge love of mine! I decided that I needed a place to document that love and to share with others. The name Petals on Concrete came from what I think embodies the type of style that I love--feminine and delicate, but always mixed with some edgy pieces. I imagine almost every outfit of mine being something that I can wander the city sidewalks in, but also something that is pretty and brings me the giddy feeling of playing dress up as a little girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment